Celebrating 60 Years!
1957-Dorothy Chandler attends a tea at the home of Mary and Millard Sheets in Claremont and asks participants to form a Philharmonic support committee.
1958-The Foothill Philharmonic Committee is founded by Marion Ballou, FPC's first President.
Twenty-five women from the Claremont area join and the organization becomes the 13th affiliate of the LA Philharmonic.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic performs in Bridges Auditorium at Pomona College. Performances continue until the early 1970's.
Early 1970's-FPC begins Music Mobile introducing and providing hands on experiences for third graders in local elementary schools.
1958 -2018-For sixty years the FPC has provided strong financial support for the LA Phil, enriched the music education of community youth and provided outstanding musical programming and lectures.
And the beat goes on.......